Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thankful For Mother

I'm just back from a visit "home" ~ Atlanta, where my Mom and Dad now live, as well as 2 brothers and a sister and their families. I am so thankful to still have a mother to spoil on Mother's Day. We went shopping for her and bought her some new shorts and tops ~ she's lost so much weight over the past year that nothing fits her anymore. I also bought her some roses and a goofy tweety bird helium balloon that said "You're such a Tweetheart"! She really enjoyed everyone fussing over her on Sunday!

My mother is still a beautiful woman at 81 ~ she has the kind of skin that has blessed her with few wrinkles. And when she smiles at you, she lights up your heart. I love this high school graduation photo of her...



...and several years later, when being courted by my father, I love this one as well!



When my sisters now joke with me ~ "You sound like Bet," ~ we call her "Bet" a lot of the time ~ I take it as a compliment!

Late with everything, I still want to wish all the wonderful mothers out there a happy Mother's Day! I hope you enjoyed your special day.

Photobucket

No comments:

Photobucket