Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tagged by Mithua ~ Crafts with Care

I´m tagged by my friend Mithua of Crafts With Care

Here's a fun "MEME" ~ You have to pick six (6) words that sum up your life. Ernest Hemingway was bet $10 that he couldn't sum up his life in six words. He won that bet when he wrote, "For sale, baby shoes, never worn." You can go to Bookbabie's blog and read about the book that was inspired by his quote and how it influenced her to start this meme.

Okay here are the Rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir...
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like...
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible, so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere...
4. Tag Four more blogs with links ...
5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

I'm inviting the following blogger friends to give it a whirl ~ They have really wonderful blogs, so be sure to visit!

1. Rosanne of Ro's Cluttered Attic
2. Deb of Willow Tree Treasures
3. Lex of Northwind Star Primitives
4. Linda of Linda Pinda Designs


The sum of my life in six words?



It seems I waited my whole life to find the man of my dreams. At 43, after kissing many toads, I finally found him. At first, the 20 year age difference seemed an insurmountable obstacle to a life long commitment. The more time we spent together, I knew no one other than the Lord could have paired up this unlikely couple. More than 9 years later, I am so grateful to still experience wedded bliss. He is my beginning and my end. He is my friend, my rock, my forever love, and my only disappointment is the realization that we will never celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary ~ I really don't think I'll live to be 93!

Till next time,

Photobucket

2 comments:

NorthwindStar said...

Hi Mary,
Think positive sweetie, it's a lot more fun thinking you could very well live to be 93yrs old instead *wink*. I wish you and your beloved husband many happy heart smiling days together!
Now, for that meme tag you sent me. Sheesh,you gonna make me use my one cell brain huh? *giggle* This ought to be interesting!

Hugs,
Lex

Kimmie said...

Mary...this was absolutely beautiful. You gave me "the happy misties". I wish you to live to be 103! Your life is so blessed. Love You My Sweet Prim Sister.
Kimmie :-)

Photobucket