Saturday, April 19, 2008

Baby Doll

A couple of weeks ago I stopped at an antique shop just down the road from the house. The two owners were on site, as well as a sweet older, retired gentleman who was just hanging out. He told me he'd retired from Sears as the Assistant Manager. The guys seemed to just be getting the shop set up and were anxious to make a sale. They offered to make me a "really good deal" on everything I touched, (and my sister will attest that I am quite the toucher, our having gone on quite a few antique hunts together in the past!) I ended up spending $10 on a vintage watering can and a small china doll in a high chair. The doll and chair offer was one I couldn't refuse at $3.00, although they were both kinda dirty and dingy looking. I ran the doll's clothes through the wash, disinfected her, and sprayed the cloth part of her body with Fabreeze, even though it wasn't dirty. Then I scrubbed down her chair with some Soft Scrub. The back of her neck is marked "ArtMark," and after doing a little research, I don't think she's much more than 10 years old. With her little bunny outfit, I just couldn't resist her!



What am I going to do with her? Well I don't really know just yet. I just love looking at the innocence of her sweet face.

Till next time,

Photobucket

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh my! What an awesome 'find'. I love her! I have one room filled with dollies. You wouldn't know I was a "grownup"! LOL

Kimmie said...

Mary...she is precious. I say keep her. :-)
Hugs,
Kimmie

Photobucket