Saturday, March 6, 2010

Another new punch needle...

(click on image to enlarge)

...from baby sister in Virginia, on eBay now. A very unique, one-of-a-kind piece!

She enlarged the Country Stitches pattern in order to mount the bird on a vintage glass bottle. My Dad was a vintage bottle AND old books collector, and I have always loved to collect them too, which is why I love how she assembled this piece!

She uses some of her antique buttons ~ a china calico for the bird's eye, and several wired as an embellishment around the bottle. China calicoes are some of the oldest buttons still able to be found, dating back to the 1840's, and are one of my favorite antique buttons to collect. AND, she's giving up more of her antique toilet pins (stuck in the top of the bird's head). All reasons why this piece is "sew dear" to my heart!

To see more detail photos, you can click on the link below to visit her eBay here:

MAGPIE1217

Til next time,

Mary

No comments:

Photobucket