Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Punch Needle Embroidery on eBay

Sissy has some new punch needle embroidery pieces on eBay this week! You're gonna love how creative she got with one of them ~ she put a sheep embroidered piece on an old wood wool carding brush! It turned out really cool! (sorry...link broken)

You can take a closer peek at her wonderful work here:

Magpie1217

This week I've been working on some hang tags ~ they're Americana and Halloween vintage images, digitally overlaid with other graphics and then flattened, distressed with walnut ink and sealed to the max. I wanted the walnut ink to be sealed and for them to be nice and stiff. With these tags you don't have to worry about the glue failing on several layers of elements and falling off the tag. I'm also working on a custom order for 8 Betsy Ross flags set in vintage thread spools. As I've migrated back to the craft room, and since I had to clean it up before I could even get started on creating, I'm hoping it will put me in the groove to work on my curtain projects!

My room gets to be such a disaster area! Thank goodness that's the only room in the house hubby doesn't ever go in!

As I find and collect new materials for my artwork, it all goes straight to the craft room on top of the cutting table or work table. Pretty soon stuff is piled a mile high in a heap everywhere, and I'm thinking "okay, now where am I going to store this so that I can find it again!" LOL! Has that ever happened to you?

Well, hubby will be home from his 1 AM concrete pour soon, dog tired, and I will have to pay him some attention! Til next time,

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hey Mary I loved looking at your craft area and where you store your supplies. Your place lookes like mine. I am always buying stuff whether I need it or not. In the back of my mind I think it will come in handy. Sometimes I am at the store and see something and I don't buy it. Then I kick myself and say why didn't I buy that when I had the chance. I go back to the store and it is gone. So now I have learned my lesson. I buy no matter what. It always seems to work out in the long run. It might be a year or two before I use something but at least I have it.

I adore your new bunch needle work. I have been wanting to learn how to do that some day. But I have to much on my plate at this time. Maybe some day. Instead I will just enjoy your pieces instead.

Beautiful work Mary!!
Kim

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Mary, I went to Ebay and checked out the buckets. I have seen those in person. I think they are really cute. I guess it all depends on what kind of doll they will be going with.

You should try papier mache. It is easy once you get the hang of it. The possiblities are endless what you could make with your dolls. All kinds of goodies. I think you should go for it.

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Well it's me again the pest! He He!!

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy 4th of July week!!

Kim

Photobucket