Monday, April 11, 2011

What's Blooming in South Carolina Now?

(Click on photos for an Enlarged View)


My parents had Candtuft in their garden, and I was so thrilled to see it pop up about a year after we moved into our house. To this day, 5 years later, I am discovering new volunteers that mysteriously appear each year!

Usually I can identify what they are by googling them ...



These Star of Bethlehem popped up in the grass last year and I dug them up and moved them to a proper bed!


Last spring I planted Forget Me Nots from seed and transplanted them into the garden. This weekend I was thrilled to see how beautifully they have blossomed this year!



And of course the dogwood are blooming ~ we have 2 large white ones, but my favorite is the pink one of course!



A couple of weeks ago I was at my parents' in the Atlanta suburbs and shot some wonderful photos of their gorgeous daffodils and narcissus!









Happy Gardening!

1 comment:

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love all your beautiful spring flowers! You pictures are so gorgeous! Hope you are having a wonderful Spring!

Photobucket