Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Favorite Antique Buttons


Recently I decided I should photograph my antique button collection so that I could share it with other button lovers. Here's a look at some of my favorite buttons ~ shell or mother of pearl. There are many different examples of how this material was used in button making. Some are combined with metal (cut steel), are carved, or have unique shapes. Aren't there some beauties here?!!!



Clicking on the photo above will give you a much larger version to view all the fabulous detail!

'Til next time,

Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, you're killing this olde button junkie....WOW beautiful!!!

Just look at the difference in what was and is today, we were certainly born in the wrong era.

I did sell my gal, thank you Mary.

Beth Leintz said...

Love those mother of pearl- what a great collection- and I love the way you displayed them- simple but very effective.

Photobucket