Saturday, January 19, 2008

I've been encouraged to come "back"!

It's been a long, long time since I've posted. The gals in my eBay Group, Kindred Sisters Gathering Post, ("KSGP"), have encouraged me to get back at it. Particularly our resident graphic genius, Sara (formerly The Vintage Rooster), of Graphic Pretties, who created the gorgeous little glittery blinkie "WELCOME" banner you see at the top of my blog!

What have I been up to? As I've already warned you ~ I'm no Erma Bombeck, but I'll attempt to amuse you anyway!

I've joined another eBay Group ~ Olde Primitive Sisters Group. That makes 4 now! Gosh the ladies in all these groups are so incredible. They have daily schedules that would choke a horse, with children, (some being home schooled), husbands, the demands of running a home, and many working a full time job. Their "free time" is spent creating some of the most unique and imaginative, quality, handmade art ~ from primitive dolls, ornaments (we call them "ornies"), bowl fillers, tucks, stitcheries, rug hooking, altered art, and the list goes on! I am truly in awe of these women. In my younger days, I was irritatingly organized ~ everything had it's place and must be found in it's designated place or there would be "H E Double L" to pay! Nowadays, being post-menopausal, my forgetfulness rivals my 81 year old mother's off-and-on bouts of dementia! Just kidding, Bet! (that's my Mom).

Recently I took up a new hobby ~ digital scrapbooking! Like I don't have enough hobbies and art and craft supplies in my overflowing craft room-slash-quilting studio! I haven't been in there for months, except to dig out the Rubbermaid tub of Christmas wrapping paper and bows (and that's not been stashed back into the closet, the contents sitting in festive heaps about the floor.) News Flash! I've been accepted as one of the creative design team members of an on-line digital scrapbooking website. Although I haven't created anything for them yet, I'm looking forward to it! They have a Yahoo website where everyone congregates and shares digital scrapbooking elements to create layouts and post them. Here's one I did to preserve the Christmas 2007 Season ~




Hope to see many of my cohorts here! Thanks for motivating me to share!

7 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Well, Welcome back! Love your beautiful works!
Sandra Evertson

*Linda Pinda* said...

Nice to see you again Mary!!! I kept peeking in "just in case"!

Hugs... *Linda*

Sara~Graphic Pretties said...

Hey Mary!
love the digital scrapbook pages!
That looks like much fun!! :)
Glad your back to blogging!

HUGS
Sara

Mary said...

Thanks, Sara!

The 50 year anniversary layout will be adhered to one of those boxy painter's canvases. First I'll give it a coat of ochre paint, then use some magic glue I've found (E6000 epoxy) to attach some of the memorabilia from the anniversary party for an altered art kind of look, and display it on an easel. It's a work "in progress" ~ LOL!

Thanks for visiting!

Mary

Kelly~MysticalEntities said...

Mary awesome digital scrapbooking!What a great way to preserve your fondest of memories. Didn`t even know there was such a thing! Thanks for showing me something new :)
Hugs
Kelly

Holly Tree Primitives said...

It is so good to see you post again, I have you as one of my favorites and I was so pleased to see the latest post. I would love to know more about you, so you have been officially TAGGED. 5 things about yourself, can't wait to see what you have for us!

~Michele

Kimmie said...

Wow Mary, you can do that too???? You never cease to amaze me with your talents. :-)

Hugs,
Kimmie

Photobucket