Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another Winter to Get Through


This was last Winter ... around Christmas, in South Carolina. This Winter, however, we find ourselves in Lafayette, Indiana, where we should now be experiencing "real" Winter! Ha! Just a dusting of snow so far that hasn't stuck, treating us to a "green" Christmas instead of the "white" one we all like to sing about. Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. Just perhaps, after the coming week of mild temperatures forecast, we will get that horrible Winter they have been warning us about. I hope not since we are far afield from home (South Carolina), in Indiana, where hubby was offered work after finishing up his last project at the end of October at USC Columbia. And after having moved South in 1990, I have to say I am one southerner who does not miss those harsh northern Winters one bit!

I do anticipate hibernating like a big 'ole bear here in Indiana till Spring. Probably while away the hours checking out Pinterest or reading my new Kindle Fire that hubby bought me as a reward for quitting smoking. I have a feeling it's going to be a long, long Winter.

'Til next time!

3 comments:

Prim's by Kim said...

Hi Mary!! We are one month closer to being done with winter, as our Nov & dec were mostly snow-free....I will take it.

Congrats again on the end of smoking, its a real challenge but well worth the efforts <3

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, we've not had any snow yet this year, no complaints here. Beautiful picture. Take care <3.

Kelly~MysticalEntities said...

Hi Mary!
What a beautiful picture. Oh wow it`s been so long since we`ve chatted. When did you end up in Indiana? Congratulations on quiting smoking thats awesome! Me smoke free for 7 years ;)
Hugs,
Kelly

Photobucket