Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's Blooming in South Carolina Now!

(Click on images to enlarge)


I'm not sure if it's all the rain we've had recently, but this is the nicest stand of Bee Balm that's blossomed for us since planted about 3 years ago!


With temperatures forecast this week to be in the high 90's (10 degrees higher than normal for this time of the year), I'm afraid that the garden will soon be done blooming. I am going to have to research drought resistant plants and work on adding some as fillers!

'Til next time,

Mary

3 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Mary - your Monarda is gorgeous!
I've always loved their unusual shaped blooms. The rest of your flowers peeking thru in the pictures are beautiful too! I'll bet your yard is the prettiest in town!

hugs,
Doreen

*Linda Pinda* said...

ahhh... Bee Balm is my FAVORITE scent in the garden!!!

Miss you, Mary
{{{Hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful yard, I am so jealous it's so serene.

Photobucket