Saturday, August 8, 2009

Gwinnett Center Scrapbook Expo

Several years ago I had the luxury of attending the Gwinnett Center Scrapbook Expo in Duluth, GA (Greater Atlanta area) with my sisters and sister-in-law. We signed up for classes and shopped til we dropped! It was an entire weekend event that we enjoyed immensely. My sister and sister-in-law, who both live in the Atlanta area, have continued to attend the event. At this year's Expo, held July 10th and 11th, one of the class teachers had to cancel and a surprise replacement took over the class. As a longtime admirer of this talented artist, my sister was absolutely thrilled to meet her and have her photo taken with her. I'm talking about none other than MELISSA FRANCES!


If you've never heard of Melissa Frances (hey, don't laugh, some people live under a rock or are from another planet ~ LOL!), you can check out her website www.melissafrances.com, or visit her blog at melissafrances.typepad.com. She has a line of incredible scrapbooking products!

Chatting it up during the photo op, Melissa proudly shared that she is a breast cancer survivor. Meeting her in person, my sister learned that not only is she a sweet, remarkably creative and talented lady, but one with amazing courage and strength as well. You go girl!

Credit for the freebie digital scrapbook Quick Page goes to Lynn Griffin, a participant of blogtrainblog.blogspot.com. I added my own element to it for journalling, and the button element is from dustybear.com. Thanks Lynn and Lara!

'Til next time,

Mary

No comments:

Photobucket