Monday, December 1, 2008

Finished! My Cloth n Clay "Challenge" Doll



Today ends the cloth 'n clay doll workshop taught by Jane DesRosier of Gritty Arts Studio. As part of the class, we were to create 2 dolls ~ one with the pattern and workshop videos provided, and another doll of our own chosen design ~ a "challenge" doll.

I have always wanted a "flower head" doll! Several years ago they were very popular on eBay, and then I haven't seen many since then. So I decided I was going to make a poinsettia flower headed doll. My doll wanted to be called "Abigail", so I decided to indulge her. She carries a red velvet poinsettia flower with french knots in glittered gold. I am really pleased with how she turned out, and we'll give her a go on eBay later tonight. If you would like to see her in closer detail, you can visit my auctions by clicking on the link in the right hand column of this page, about halfway down ~ where it says "My eBay", and just under it ~ "On eBay Now."

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Kelly~MysticalEntities said...

Mary your poinsetta doll is amazing!! I just love her and if I had spending money right now she`d be mine ;) Wishing you the many many bids she deserves!!!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Mary your dolls are truly works of art. They are original and beautiful, keep up the good work.

Skellyton Art said...

Mary,
Your dolls are beautiful! I love your work. I am giving you an award. Please hop over to my blog to pick it up!

Happy Holidays Mary!

Shirley

Ginger said...

Loved the poinsetta doll ,so pretty. Amazing job on her.
May you and your family have a wonderful christmas and a Happy New Year 2009.
hugs ginger

Photobucket